Monday, March 25, 2013

"Angel"

I have said many, many times that I have the BEST family and friends.  I do.  Honestly.  Throughout this entire journey that is one thing that I am constantly reminded of.  Although there are many people in my life that I am so very grateful for, there is one in particular that I am forever indebted to: my youngest sister, Noelle.  She was at my home taking care of the guys when I found out that they were going to admit me.  As soon as I told her she immediately told me that she had my guys and the house under control and to not worry about a thing.  She went to her home that evening and packed up enough of her things to move into my home for who knew how long.

This is Noelle and I with Fred and John at Red Lobster for Fred's birthday last year.


I'm not sure if this is considered more flattering or frightening, but I secretly refer to her as my "mini-me".  She has a special place in her heart for people with special needs and really has a skill for it, too.  She is a natural caregiver and leader and can get along with anyone (if she wants to...).  Her and my guys get along marvelously and they just adore each other.  When I left for school many of the families that I did respite for started to use her, she regularly attends Arc events, she has worked at other group homes as well as mine, she volunteers at my summer camp, etc.  If I can't be home with my guys, she is who I would want to be with them.

Noelle sent this to me while I was in the hospital.  This is her and the boys all ready for The Arc's Valentine's Day dance.

I can't even explain the amount of peace I felt by knowing that Noelle was with my guys while I was in the hospital.  The stress of owning a business is great, the stress of being hospitalized is great, but knowing that Noelle could completely take over everything for me business wise is what made this entire ordeal do-able for me.  Honestly.  Knowing that she knew what paperwork needed to be done and when, she knew what meds to give to who and when, she knew the quirks about my boys and how to deal with them, she knew where they needed to be and when, knowing that I didn't have to worry about my home, my business, or my boys and I could just focus on getting better was of immeasurable worth to me and I believe helped me to heal faster than if I'd have had that stress to try and deal with too.

Noelle brought Buddy down to see me...and she did my hair, can ya tell!?!

Not only did Noelle literally save my business for me, but she made time to come down to the hospital to see me, too.  She packed and brought me things I needed/wanted from home, she drug Buddy down, and she always brought me/us good food!  And, once she got there I used her!  I would save my showers for her to help with, she'd help me change, basically she got to do all the dirty work.  (In all fairness, I've done all the dirty work for her all the times she's been in the hospital with her Chrons...it's just a special sister bond we have as the family caregivers apparently!)  

Various pictures showcasing the few days I spent at home in between hospital stays.

Noelle stayed moved in with me the few days I was home in between hospital stays and then for two weeks after I was released from Virginia Mason as well.  The days in between my two hospital stays must have been exhausting for her!  I was a full time job at that point but I didn't realize just how bad I was.  I'll tell that part in another post later, but for now let's just say that Noelle most definitely had her hands full and mostly with me.  

I will forever be indebted to my angel of a sister Noelle for all that she did for me this past two months.  Our middle sister Nicholle is absolutely wonderful as well.  I'll chat more about her and all that she did to help me through this in another post.  I am so blessed to have the two best sisters in the world.  They truly are two of my best friends and I can't even begin to fathom my world without either of them.  Seestas: I love you both with all my heart!  









1 comment:

  1. You're all amazing and I love that you love each other dearly!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete